per Go.Rt.No.2485/2014 dated.22.07.2014]
1. Dr.Jayachandran. S
Department of Orthopaedics is one of the busiest departments in TD Medical College. Since the hospital is the
only medical college situated along the national highway. Department is working with 3 units. It is having 6
days out patient service and 24 hours casualty service.
All types of Trauma and Non-Trauma cases are managed here. All modern surgical facilities for joint
replacement, spinal surgey, arthroscope (Key Hole) surgey, Trauma surgery are available here.
A dedicated team of doctors under the guidance of Dr.Mohamed Ashraf (Head of Department) is managing
Department is also having Post Graduate Courses (MS Ortho and D’Ortho). Regular academic activities for UG,
PG, Clinical meethings and Seminars are conducted under the department. At present Unit I Headed by
Dr.Mohamed Ashraf (HOD), Unit II is headed by Dr.Babukutty and Unit III is under Dr.Shanavas.
- 24 hour fracture surgey (TRAUMA)
- Joint replacement surgery - HIP, KNEE etc.
- Spine surgey - Disc, Instrumentation etc.
- Deformity correction - ILIZAROV, LRS etc.
- Pediatric orthopaedics - CTEV, CDH, DEFORMITY CORRECTION etc.
- Arthroscopy (Key Hole) (Surgery)
Assistant Professors -
1. Dr BINDULAL V A
1.MONDAY TO SATURDAY –OUT PATIENT CLINIC (9am TO 3 pm).
2.24 hr CASUALTY SERVICE FOR ACCIDENTS AND EMERGENCIES.
3.TRAUMA CARE WITH EMERGENCY FRACTURE MANAGEMENT AND INTENSIVE CARE UNIT.
4. ROUTINE SURGICAL PROCEDURE –MONDAY TO SATURDAY (9am to 2 pm)
- Joint Replacements (TKR,THR ,TSR ,TER ).
- Arthroscopy (Keyhole surgery –knee and shoulder).
- Spine Surgery (Disc ,Deformity correction and Fracture stabilization).
- Deformity Correction (Illizarov and LRS).
- Paediatric Surgical Procedures (club foot,CDH ,Perthes ,SCFE).
- Other bone and joint disorders.
5.IN-PATIENT SERVICES –
- 60 bed male ward.
- 30 bed female ward.
- Trauma ward for acutely injured patients.
6. ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES-150 UG seats ,3 PG seats (1 MS and 2 D ortho)
Regular theory ,clinical skill ,workshop and journal classes by senior faculties.
- KOACON ,Kottayam-Boichev’s operation for RDS(GOLD MEDAL SESSION PAPER)
- (Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Joseph Devasia).
- KOACON ,Perunthalmanna- MISR for CTEV (Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Sreehari)
- KOACON ,Cochin -2011- Non arthroscopic ACL reconstruction .(Dr Mohammed Ashraf, Dr Sethu)
- KOACON ,Kollam-MIPPO for long bone diaphyseal fractures (Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Randheer)
- KOACON ,Palakad-TFL-MPG for AVN .priliminary study (Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Tils P Mathew)
- KOACON ,Alleppey- ARS with DHS for unstable trochanteric fractures (Dr Mohammed Ashraf,Dr Prashanth J S
Stabilization of Spondylolisthesis ( Dr Salim M P, Dr Anu Ashraf)
- KOACON Kottayam-Stellate block for cervicobrachialgia (Dr Mohammed Ashraf, Dr Sethu Sivan)
TFL MPG for AVN Hip .Long term analysis.(GOLD MEDAL SESSION PAPER)
(Dr Mohammed Ashraf,Dr Narayanan)
- KOACON Wayanad-Arthrolysis for stiff elbow(Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Harikrishnan)
- KOACON Thrissur –Vacuum assisted wound closure in orthopaedic injuries (GOLD MEDAL SESSION PAPER)
(Dr Mohammed Ashraf, Dr Sumesh Sanker)
-Synovectomy in TKR (Dr Mohammed Ashraf,Dr Kumar chandan)
-Percutaneous fasciotomy for impending compartment syndrome (Dr Mohammed Ashraf,
Dr Shrikant Khose)
-Calcar Preserving Osteotomy for Unstable Trochanteric Fractures (Dr Mohammed Ashraf,
Dr Jinumon Mathew)
Video-SSD in Perthes (Dr Mohammed Ashraf, Dr Sukesh A N)
Video-Arthrolysis for stiff elbow (Dr Mohammed Ashraf, Dr Unnikrishnan).
-USE OF POLLER SCREW IN THE MANAGEMENT OFDISTAL TIBIA FRACTURES TREATED WITH
INTRAMEDULLARY NAILS; Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Jinumon Mathew;Indian Journal of applied research
;vol 6 ;issue 4 april 2016.
-CALCAR PRESERVING OSTEOTOMY IN CEMENTED BIPOLAR HEMIARTHROPLASTY FOR
UNSTABLE TROCHANTERIC FRACTURES ;Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Jayachandran N ,Dr Jinumon Mathew
,Dr Rajeev K S ; Journal of Evidence Based Medicine and Applied Research;vol 3 ;issue 31; april 18,2016.
-CANNULATED PERCUTANEOUS REPAIR FOR CLOSED TENDO ACHILLES RUPTURE-ALLEPPEY
TECHNIQUE ; Dr Mohammed Ashraf,Dr Sethu Sivan, Dr Jithuram Jayaram ,Dr Nabeel Mohammed ,Dr Mahidhara S N;
International Journal Of Orthopaedic Science ;vol 2; Issue 3 ;jul-sep 2016.
-ROLE OF SYNOVECTOMY IN TKR- Dr Mohammed Ashraf ,Dr Kumar Chandan ,Dr Sumesh Shanker
, Dr Sukesh A N ;JEMDS ;JUL 2016.
-Annual Conference KOACON -2001
-Annual Conference KOACON -2012
-KOA Basic CME Shoulder
-Current concepts and Practice in TKR with workshop-July 31,2016
-Monthly regional academic meetings .