ON GOING RESEARCH WORKS IN THE VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS DURING 2014
Department of Physiology
1. Dr. S. Anita – Effectiveness of supplementing didactic lectures in Phusiology with intermittent sessions of discussions to improving understanding and academic performance year medical and paramedicat students – a pilot study of 1st
2. Dr. Anju Sreedharan- Thyroid hormonal status in pot menopausal women
3. Dr. Ajith .A- Pulmonary function test and depression in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary
4. Dr. Koushiki Mani- Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in type II diabetes mellitus patients Disease (COPD) patients – a cross sectional study attending Medicine outpatient department of Govt. TDMC, Alappuzha.
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
1. Comparative study between effect of Foley’s Catheter and servi prime gel on cervical ripening and its further overcome on induction of labour-Dr. Divya.K., Dr. Nandhini.V.R.
2. Umbilical card coiling index and its perinatal outcome- Dr. Preethi.C.V., Dr. M.G. Usha
3. Study of Obstetric emergency reference in Govt.TDMC, Alappuzha- Dr. Nisha.V., Dr. lalithambica Karunakaran.
4. Comparative study of maternal and fetal outcome in GDM diagnosed before and after 20 weeks of gestatton-Dr.Reshmi, Dr. Nandhini.V.R.
5. Uterine artery Doppler in 11 to 14 weeks as a predictor of gestational hypertension- Dr. Nirpin, Dr. Lalithambica Karunakaran
6. Maternal near miss a prospective study in Govt. TDMCH, Alappuzha- Dr. Deepika.K.V., Dr.B.Laila
7. Role of USG biometry at 34 weeks of pregnancy in early detection of fetal growth restriction in low risk patients and role of Doppler in evaluating such growth restricted babies- Dr. Archana.K.O., Dr. Lalithambica Karunakaran
8. Maternal and fetal outcome in preterm premature rupture of membranes- Dr. Jameela Divarium.M.V.
9. Maternal and fetal outcome in Thyroid dysfunction to pregnancy – Dr. Manju.V.K., Dr. Sathiamma.P.K.
Department of Microbiology
Research Works under ICMR- Sentinel Hospital Based Surveillance of Bacterial Meningitis in India – Dr. Girija Mohan, HOD of paeidaitrics and Dr. Jayalekshmi, HOD of Microbiology.
Department of General Medicine
1. Pattern of liver related complications in patients already documented to have alcoholic liver disease in the pat or newly detected with or without diabetes mellitus and their casual relationship-Dr. Anita.K.P. and Dr.B. Legha
2. A study to find out clinical pattern if poisoning cases admitted to Medical College, Alappzuha over a period of one year with special reference to precipitating factors and preventive strategy-Dr. REnymol & Dr. T.K. Suma
3. Albuminurus in predicting mortality and worse outcome in Leptospirosis-Dr. Ambili.N.R. & Dr. T.D.U. Kartha
4. Migrane and Risk of Ischemic Stroke- Dr. Ambili.N.R. & Dr. T.D.U. Kartha
5. Electrocardiographic changes in poisonings, envenomation and relationships to mortality, prognosis with particular reference to organophosphorous, odollam and snake bites-Dr. Meenu.M.T & Dr. Legha
6. Drug non compliance prevalence and causes among patients undergoing re-hospitalization for cardiovascular disorders in a tertiary care teaching hospital- Dr. Meenu.M.T & Dr. Legha
7. The role of fungai organisms in the development of nasal polyposis- a study series-Dr.K.V. Rajan & Dr.T.Santhi
8. Incidence of sensorineural deafness in the young adult population- a random study
9. A study of recurrence rate in post irradiated T and T2 carcinoma of larynx- Dr.K.V. Rajan & Dr.T.Santhi
10. A co-relative study in monofilament and pedobarographic profile of type 2s more than five years duration and without clinical features suggestive of diabetic peripheral neuropathy-Dr. Santhosh.K.R.
Department of Biochemistry
1. Validation of fetal fibromectin as a predictor marker of preterm labour – Dr. Geetha Damodaran
2. Reference Interval of Serum Cystatin – Dr. Geetha Damodaran & Dr. N. Sreedevi
3. Validation of Salivary Estril as a marker of predicting spontaneous preterm labour- Dr. Lalithambika Karunakaran & Dr. geetha Damodaran.